STEW LEONARD’S WINES OF NEW JERSEY TO HOST
GRAND TASTING OF MORE THAN 100 WINES on OCtober 8, 2014
WHAT: The wine specialists from Stew Leonard’s Wines in New Jersey will be joined by Kim and Stew Leonard Jr. to host a Grand Tasting of more than 100 wines on Wednesday, October 8, 2014 from 6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. at Nanina’s in the Park. The event will benefit Stew Leonard III Children’s Charities and proceeds will be donated to local organizations that support water safety education and awareness.
Wines representing more than a dozen countries will be offered that evening, including wines that are not commonly featured during in-store tastings:
- 2009 Pontet Canet Paulliac ($350/Robert Parker 100 points): An amazing wine in every sense; classic and full-bodied. Farmed biodynamically in Bordeaux.
- 2009 Chappelet Pritchard Hill Estate Napa Cabernet ($150/Robert Parker 96 points): A dark and brooding Cabernet Sauvignon, with depth and concentration.
- Ornellaia ($170/Wine Spectator, Wine Advocate, & Wine Enthusiast rated 96-97 points): An iconic Super Tuscan; extraordinary.
The evening will also feature a selection spirits, including classic malts such as Oban and Talisker Storm, and craft beers such Brooklyn Brewery, Samuel Adams, and Bolero Snort, a new local brewery in Bergen County. Nanina’s in the Park will provide a menu designed to complement the array of flavors offered by the tasting and The Red Ribbon Pretzel Company will sample an assortment of chocolates and confections. There will even be a professional cigar roller at the event!
CAUSE: Stew Leonard III Children's Charities was founded in 1990 after Kim and Stew Leonard Jr. lost their son in a drowning accident. The mission of the Foundation is to educate families on the importance of water safety awareness and by reinforcing fun, simple water safety rules to children through the teachings of the charity's mascot Stewie the Duck. Since 1990, Stew Leonard III Children's Charities has raised more than $2 million dollars to go towards water safety awareness and education, including swim scholarships and lifeguard training, and have provided more 200,000 swimming lessons to children.
TICKETS: Tickets are available via www.stewswinesnj.com or at the following retail locations:
- Stew Leonard’s Wines, 345 Allwood Road, Clifton, N.J., 07012 (973-859-7700)
- Stew Leonard’s Wines, 396 Route 17 North, Paramus, N.J., 07652 (201-649-0882)
- Stew Leonard’s Wines, 901 Mountain Ave., Springfield, N.J., 07081 (908-379-2930)
Through August 31, 2014 tickets will be available for $90/each or $80/each for groups of four or more. After September 1, 2014, tickets will be $100/each or $85/each for groups of four or more.
WHEN: Wednesday, October 8, 2014 from 6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
WHERE: Nanina's In the Park, 540 Mill St, Belleville, NJ 07109
CONTACT: Meghan Bell, Stew Leonard's Wines, 203.750.6107, email@example.com
# # #