STEW LEONARD III CHILDREN'S CHARITIES 2ND ANNUAL
GRAND TASTING OF MORE THAN 200 WINES
Stew Leonard III Children's Charities, along with co-founders Kim & Stew Leonard Jr., will host a Grand Tasting of more than 200 wines on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 from 6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. at Nanina's in the Park.
The event will benefit Stew Leonard III Children's Charities and proceeds will be donated to local organizations that support water safety education and awareness.
Wines representing more than a dozen countries will be offered that evening, including wines that are not commonly featured during in-store tastings:
- Chateau Monbousquet St. Emilion Grand Cru 2010 ($69.99): Rated 95 Points by Wine Spectator. Lush and modern, with blueberry, loganberry and boysenberry fruit flavors. From Bordeaux, France.
- Altesino Brunello di Montalcino 2010 ($64.99): Rated 95 points by James Suckling. Salty and savory with layers of gorgeous fruit. From Tuscany, Italy.
- La Rioja Alta Vina Ardanza Reserva Especial 2005 ($28.99): Rated 94 Points by Wine Advocate. Fresh, with a juicy finish; an outstanding value in old-school Rioja. From Rioja, Spain.
The evening will feature a selection spirits, including classic malts such as Oban 14 and Johnnie Walker Blue, while Master of Whiskey Kevin Loser will be available to answer any questions. Craft beers such Brooklyn Brewery, DuClaw, Coronado Brewing Company, Cricket Hill Brewery (of Fairfield, NJ), Great Lakes, Defiant, and Goose Island will also be sampled while Nanina's in the Park will provide a menu designed to complement the array of flavors offered by the tasting. There will even be a professional cigar roller at the event!
ABOUT THE CAUSE:
Stew Leonard III Children's Charities was founded in 1990 after Kim and Stew Leonard Jr. lost their son in a drowning accident. The mission of the Foundation is to educate families on the importance of water safety awareness and by reinforcing fun, simple water safety rules to children through the teachings of the charity's mascot Stewie the Duck. Since 1990, Stew Leonard III Children's Charities has raised more than $2 million dollars to go towards water safety awareness and education, including swim scholarships and lifeguard training, and have provided more 200,000 swimming lessons to children. Taking a cue from the success of the foundation's water safety educational efforts, in 2006 the Leonards broadened the focus to "promoting safe and responsible growth and development in kids through nutritional awareness and water safety."
Tickets are available at the following retail locations:
Tickets are $100/each or $85/each for groups of four or more.
- Stew Leonard's Wines, 345 Allwood Road, Clifton, N.J., 07012 (973-859-7700)
- Stew Leonard's Wines, 396 Route 17 North, Paramus, N.J., 07652 (201-649-0882)
- Stew Leonard's Wines, 901 Mountain Ave., Springfield, N.J., 07081 (908-379-2930)
Wednesday, October 14, 2015 from 6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Nanina's In the Park, 540 Mill St, Belleville, NJ 07109
Meghan Bell, Stew Leonard's Wines, 203.750.6107,
# # #